By Ian S. Markham
- Provides a substitute for the liberal / orthodox divide in modern Christianity.
- Defends Christianity’s engagement with non-Christian traditions.
- Includes vital dialogue of theological method.
- Illustrated with case reviews concerning human rights, interfaith tolerance, economics, and ethics.
Read Online or Download A Theology of Engagement (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) PDF
Similar christian theology books
The old Jesus in Context is a landmark assortment that locations the gospel narratives of their complete literary, social, and archaeological context. greater than twenty-five across the world famous specialists supply new translations and outlines of a extensive variety of texts that shed new mild at the Jesus of historical past, together with pagan prayers and personal inscriptions, miracle stories and martyrdoms, parables and fables, divorce decrees and imperial propaganda.
Point out the be aware devil or the satan and plenty of Christians visibly get a glance of shock, intimidation and/or fright. devil is a strength to be reckoned with in today’s international. regrettably, so much church buildings educate their fans to be terrified of, run from, or stay quiet while the satan factor is mentioned.
The amount offers a number theological standpoints concerning the filioque. With a few members arguing for its retention and others for its removing, nonetheless others contest that its presence or another way within the Creed isn't really what's of crucial difficulty, yet quite that the way it can be understood is of final significance.
Following years of theology of deafness in keeping with the idea that Deaf individuals are easily those that can't pay attention, this publication breaks new flooring. providing a brand new method of Deaf humans, theology and the Church, this booklet allows Deaf those that see themselves as contributors of a minority team to formulate their very own theology rooted of their personal heritage and tradition.
- A Redemptive Theology of Art: Restoring Godly Aesthetics to Doctrine and Culture
- Being With God: Trinity, Apophaticism, and Divine-Human Communion
- The Cross and its Meaninglessness: A Prayer of Final Obsolescence
- Dear Muslim Meet YHWH The God of Abraham
- Thinking About Christian Apologetics: What It Is and Why We Do It
Extra resources for A Theology of Engagement (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)
A Theology of Engagement (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) by Ian S. Markham