By Joseph P. Stoltman
Via nearly eighty entries or "mini-chapters," the SAGE twenty first Century Reference sequence volumes on geography will spotlight crucial issues, matters, questions, and debates any scholar acquiring a level during this box should have mastered for effectiveness within the twenty first century. the aim is to supply undergraduate majors with an authoritative reference resource that may serve their examine wishes with extra distinctive details than encyclopedia entries yet now not quite a bit jargon, aspect, or density as a magazine article or a examine guide chapter.
Features & Benefits:
- Curricular-driven to supply scholars with preliminary footholds on subject matters of curiosity in writing study time period papers, in getting ready for GREs, in consulting to figure out instructions to soak up pursuing a senior thesis, graduate measure, etc.
- Comprehensive to provide complete insurance of significant subthemes and subfields in the self-discipline of geography, together with nearby geography, actual geography, worldwide switch, human and cultural geography, fiscal geography and locational research, political geography, geospatial expertise, cartography, spatial considering, learn technique, geographical schooling, and more.
- Uniform in bankruptcy constitution to make it effortless for college students to find key info, with a more-or-less universal bankruptcy layout of creation, concept, tools, purposes, comparability, destiny instructions, precis, Bibliography & feedback for extra examining, and go References.
- Available in print and digital codecs to supply scholars with handy, effortless access.
Read or Download 21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference) PDF
Best dictionaries & thesauruses books
The chinese language Communist occasion, because the political chief of the world's biggest state and moment biggest economic climate, performs an undeniably very important function in international politics. based in a boarding tuition in Shanghai in 1921, the chinese language Communist get together is likely one of the oldest ruling events on this planet for the reason that its takeover of mainland China in 1949 below the management of Chairman Mao Zedong.
This biographical dictionary is dedicated to the actors who supplied voices for all of the Disney lively theatrical shorts and contours from the 1928 Mickey Mouse comic strip Steamboat Willie to the 2010 function movie Tangled. greater than 900 males, girls, and baby actors from greater than three hundred movies are lined, with biographical details, person occupation summaries, and outlines of the lively characters they've got played.
Like their predecessors through the overdue 19th and 20th centuries, popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI have emphasised the significance of philosophy within the Catholic highbrow culture. In his encyclical Fides et ratio (1998), John Paul II known as on philosophers “to have the braveness to get better, within the circulate of an enduringly legitimate philosophical culture, the diversity of real knowledge and fact.
Laying the rules for the 1st monolingual dictionaries of English, the 16th century in English lexicography is the following proven to shape a bridge among the glossarial compilations which had slowly developed in the course of the center a while, and the extra recognisably sleek dictionary incorporating synonymy, illustrative citations and different ordinary positive aspects.
- Korean-English Dictionary 17000: How to learn comprehensive Korean vocabulary with a simple method for school, exam, and business
- Das unanständige Lexikon: Tabuwörter der deutschen Sprache und ihre Herkunft (German Edition)
- Mongolian English Dictionary
- Historical Dictionary of Postwar Japan (Historical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania, and the Middle East)
- Jonathan Swift’s Word-Book: A Vocabulary Compiled for Esther Johnson and Copied in Her Own Hand
- Latin American Classical Composers: A Biographical Dictionary
Additional info for 21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference)
21st Century Geography: A Reference Handbook (21st Century Reference) by Joseph P. Stoltman